I am an experienced Data Scientist and Technical Leader, with solid software engineering skills and a strong desire to analyse data and provide organisations and clients with value. Currently collaborating with Boston Children Hospital, one of the world’s best children hospital and Harvard Medical School. In addition to receiving Outstanding Technology Achievement Award twice, I have been recognised as Face of IBM for being an outstanding people leader and for contributions to the community.
Since Jan, 2020, I am selected as people manager by my own peers and now managing a team of 14 people involved in different domains: from enterprise blockchain technologies to energy optimisation and machine learning.
- Developed a positive and supportive working environment that enabled team members to be high performers across the entire lab.
- Introduced show-and-tell sessions for the development of technical eminence with colleagues.
- Became the point of reference in the team for supporting career development and providing technical advice or coaching.
- Constantly ranked “highly satisfactory” by my team
- Awarded Face of IBM for creating a cohesive team while working remotely and organising donations to community and hospitals during the pandemic.
Besides my people management duties, since Aug, 2019, I am leading a team of 4 research scientists to develop machine learning/deep learning algorithms for the detection of epileptic seizures using wearable sensors, in collaboration with Boston Children Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
- Defined and drove research agenda to provide a convenient and practical way to detect epileptic seizures. I am the first author of the paper regarding this project which won PAME (Partners Against Mortality in Epilepsy) recognition and was covered in Medscape Neurology.
- Transformed and optimised client's data collection and annotation processes with custom-developed software, employing refined database design and online quality control. We created the largest wearable dataset with the most comprehensive set of seizure semiology.
- Awarded an Outstanding Technology Achievement Award.
I have Bachelor and Master of Engineering, majoring in Communication and Information System. I also have Bachelor of Commerce, majoring Business Administration, both from Xi’an Jiaotong University, Shaanxi, China.